Dietitian – Matisse Chambers
Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD), Accredited Nutritionist (AN), MDietPrac, BHlthSci
Matisse understands the benefits of a healthy diet and the scientific research behind using food as medicine to improve health and wellbeing and to prevent and manage disease. She is incredibly passionate about sharing this knowledge as practical, easy to understand nutrition advice and inspiring others to eat food in ways that supports health and happiness. She believes that all foods can be part of a healthy diet and that we don’t just eat for nutrition, but also for pleasure. Her approach is holistic and client-centred, taking into consideration all aspects of your lifestyle, the importance of mindset and self-awareness, and tailoring advice to your goals in achievable bite-size pieces – pun intended!
As an Accredited Practising Dietitian and a member of the Dietitians Association of Australia, her practice is based on scientific evidence and best practice guidelines.
Matisse can assist with:
- Healthy eating (healthy meal planning, cooking, snacking, eating out and shopping, including understanding food labels)
- Diabetes (type 1, type 2, gestational)
- Insulin resistance
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Gastrointestinal concerns and conditions (diarrhoea, constipation, bloating, pain, wind, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, coeliac disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, food intolerances).
- Nutrient deficiencies such as iron, B12, vitamin D
- The non-diet approach for people concerned about their weight
- Intuitive eating and reconnecting with your hunger and fullness
- Weight management
- Dietary patterns such as vegetarianism and veganism
- Inflammatory conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- Malnutrition and gaining weight
- Picky eaters
Matisse is available at the clinic on Wednesdays and no referral is needed to make appointments. Clients with private health insurance extras can claim for rebates on nutrition consultations. Visits are subsidised for clients with GP management plans.