Podiatrist in Camberwell
Peter Moate, as a qualified registered Podiatrist, is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the foot and lower leg. Peter has been practicing in Camberwell for over 25 years and can provide comprehensive management of foot and ankle conditions.
Peter has extensive experience in the treatment of sports injuries, and has been recognized with fellowship of the Australasian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine.
Peter is also one of few Podiatrists in the state endorsed to prescribe scheduled drugs for lower limb conditions. This means he can manage infections or prescribe pain medication for example.
From treating children to the elderly, Peter has vast experience, and enjoys managing a variety of foot conditions. Peter has a special interest in biomechanical intervention for the treatment and prevention of sports injuries, or for managing degenerative musculoskeletal conditions in less active patients.
Common conditions treated include;
- Painful skin and nail conditions such as ingrown nails, corns/callus and warts.
- Chronic musculoskeletal injuries such as Arthritis, stress fractures, and soft tissue injuries of the heel, ankle and forefoot.
- When related to foot posture, Peter also treats shin, knee and even back pain.
- Managing foot conditions related to systemic diseases such as diabetes, neurological or vascular disorders.
Peter can provide;
- Minor surgical procedures such as permanent solutions for ingrown toenails.
- Injection therapies including cortisone injections.
- Whether pre-fabricated or custom-made, we can provide a complete range of palliative and/or corrective foot orthotics (Inner-soles) after careful biomechanical evaluation. Peter uses modern 3D foot scanning and 3D printing technology for custom orthotics manufacture.
- General routine/regular foot care for those requiring ongoing assistance.
- Swift Microwave Therapy for Verruca Warts (Papilloma). This advanced targeted radio frequency emblation technique works via immune system modulation and is offered as an alternative to traditional more aggressive therapies, such as freezing, burning or topical acid preparations.
- Custom fitting and supply of shoes from the Dr Comfort Medical Grade Footwear range, including extra depth footwear.
- On site private health fund claims via our Hicaps machine.
- Diagnostic imaging and pathology referrals, and drug prescriptions.
Podiatry consultations in Camberwell attract health fund rebates for patients with extras or ancillary cover, and claims may be made on the spot using our HICAPS machine.
Discounts for Podiatry Care in Camberwell
Camberwell podiatry discounts apply for:
- Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) gold card holders are welcome if referred by a General Practitioner (GP), and
- Medicare rebates apply for patients on GP medical care plans (EPC)
More information on Peter Moats services can be found on his website www.adeptpodiatry.com.au