Vasectomy is a surgical procedure for male sterilization and/or permanent birth control.
A vasectomy can be performed in a hospital or clinic.
- Available from a drugstore or a health care provider
- Very accurate
- See a health care provider if your home pregnancy test is positive
Whether you are trying to get pregnant or are concerned about an unplanned pregnancy, a pregnancy test is an important tool. For many women, taking a pregnancy test can be stressful. It can bring up many emotions, including excitement and fear. But knowing you are pregnant as soon as possible can help you make the decisions that are right for you.
IUD Birth Control – Mirena IUD – ParaGard IUD
The letters IUD stand for “intrauterine device.” IUDs are small, “T-shaped” devices made of flexible plastic. A health care provider inserts an IUD into a woman’s vagina.
- A matchstick-sized rod that is inserted in the arm to prevent pregnancy
- Safe, effective, and convenient
- Must be inserted by a healthcare provider