Services available at McDonald Street Medical Centre
- Men’s, women’s and children’s health
- Script requests available by phoning the clinic
- Travel vaccinations and medical advice
- Sports medicine and treatment for work related injuries
- Minor surgical procedures (e.g. removal of skin lesions, biopsies)
- Annual check up (personal/employer request)
- Pregnancy/antenatal care
- Psychological counselling
- Mental Health
- Iron Infusions
- Skin Checks
- IUCD Insertions eg: Mirena insertion and removal
- Implanon insertion and removal
- Cardiology Services ie:echocardiogram
- Referrals to specialists
- Nurses are available to support our GPs by providing Immunisations and injections, pathology collection, care plans, patient assessments and dressings.
McDonald Street Medical Centre provides medical for a range of purposes including:
- pre employment medicals
- insurance medicals
- heavy vehicle medicals
- Uber medicals
Injury Management and health screening available
Email email@example.com for further information
Government Funded Medical Care Plans in Mordialloc
The practice cooperates with Federal government preventative health initiatives, and provides:
- Care plans for chronic disease
- Mental Health
- 45-49 yo health check
- Over 75 health check
- At home Medical Assessments
- Medication reviews with Pharmacy
Mordialloc Immunisation Clinic
The McDonald Street Medical Centre provides a free immunisation clinic for:
- Childhood Immunisations
- Flu Clinic
- Pneumonia Clinic (for eligible people over 65 years)
- Cervical Cancer (Gardasil) Vaccinations
Home and other visits
Home visits are available in emergency circumstances, or when a patient is not physically able to come into the clinic. It must be safe for the doctor to make the home visit. Please call the clinic to make these arrangements.
GPs in the practice may be contacted during normal operating hours. If the GP is with a patient, a message will be taken.
In order to provide the best possible care, our GPs are unable to provide medical advice over the phone. It is in the best interest of the patient to make an appointment to see a GP.
Getting results of any test or procedure
Your GP will advise when they expect results to arrive at the practice. Please make a follow-up appointment to discuss results and ask what they mean for your care. The doctors are unable to give results over the phone and/or email. Due to privacy, reception are unable to see if the results are in, however our nurse can provide this information.
Our practice is committed to preventative medical care in Mordialloc. We may send you a reminder notice periodically, offering you preventative health services appropriate to your care.
Please let our staff know if you do not want to receive SMS reminders.
Bulk billed (during week days only) provided the patient has a current Medicare card.
Include Hepatitis A and B, Meningitis, Typhoid, Polio, Tetanus and many others.
Our practice is accredited to provide Yellow Fever vaccination, which is required for Africa and South America.
Health Record Management
It is the policy of the McDonald Street practice to ensure that your personal medical records are kept private and confidential. This is done by maintaining the security of information and ensuring that it is only shared with and available to authorized members of staff.
Mordialloc Patient Rights
This practice acknowledges and encourages the right for individual patients to be actively involved in the decision making process of their personal healthcare and treatment.
Below are some useful tips that can help you to achieve this:
- Speak up if you have any questions or concerns. You have the right to ask questions and expect answers you can understand.
- Learn more about your condition or treatments by asking the GP or nurse for information you can take away or by consulting other reliable sources of information.
- Keep a list of all the medications you are taking (including prescriptions, over the counter, vitamins and herbs)
- Make sure you understand the medications you are taking by reading the labels and warnings or any extra information provided by the GP or nurse (you can request this from them if not provided).
- If relevant to your situation, talk to your GP about options regarding hospitalization, surgery or procedures.
Feedback for Medical Services in Mordialloc
We strive to provide a high quality service to our valued patients while maintaining an environment of respect, diligence and integrity. If you have any positive feedback for us on how we are going in this regard we would love to hear it. Conversely, if you have noticed any areas in which you feel the practice needs to improve, we also welcome those comments. Any suggestions, compliments, concerns or complaints can be given verbally or in writing to any staff member or submitted online via a google review.
Alternatively, for serious concerns you can contact the Health Complaints Commissioner via the website www.hcc.vic.gov.au